CURRENT93:CHRIST AND THE PALE QUEENS MIGHTY IN SORROW
1989 : CD : Current 93 - Christ and the pale queens mighty in sorrow : Label:Maldoror : MAL 666 CD
1988 : 2xLP : Current 93 - Christ and the pale queens mighty in sorrow : Label:Maldoror : MAL 666
- A1 - Dögun
- A2 - Forever Changing
- A3 - The Ballad of the Pale Christ
- B - Christ and the Pale Queens, Mighty in Their Sorrow
- C - Night
- D - Astral Paddington (Etching)
- 1 - Dögun (4:01)
- 2 - Forever Changing (9:36)
- 3 - The Ballad Of The Pale Christ (5:47)
- 4 - Christ And The Pale Queens (19:57)
- 5 - The Red Face Of God (4:01)
- 6 - The Breath And Pain Of God (9:45)
- 7 - Mighty in Sorrow (18:24)
Originally released at the same time as The Red Face of God 12", this LP was limited to 93 copies for sale by mail-order. However, there were more copies made that were given out to friends, so the total number of copies that exist are more than 93 (perhaps twice as many). The b-side of the second record contains an etching by Steven Stapleton.
Apparently, there is a pirated version of this record set. The pirated, bootleg version can reportedly be distinguished by a semi-gloss cover, hand-numbered covers, and a very shallow etching on the art side.
The release of this CD appeased many of those who were unable to get a copy of the extremely limited LP. It includes the two tracks from The Red Face of God 12". The track "Mighty in Sorrow" from the CD is basically the same as "Night" from the 2xLP: a looped mantra that goes on forever ad nauseam. The CD was reissued later with some new and improved artwork included.
- A= Steve doesn't believe in them
- B= Maldoror is finally dead